1. TD Ameritrade
- Rated #1 Online Broker Overall in our 2014 Review, TD Ameritrade offers one of the largest varieties of trade tools through its desktop based Thinkorswim and web based Trade Architect platforms. The broker also boasts Best in Class ratings for numerous categories including Research and Customer Service.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Trade free for 90 days + get up to $600 cash.
- Fidelity Investments received 4.5 out of 5 stars in our 2014 Review, including being awarded Best in Class for five caterogies. In 2013 the broker received both Best Retirement Services and Best iPad App. Take advantage of their investment advising services at over 180 retail locations.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Try Active Trader Pro® - get 200 commission-free trades.
- ETRADE was voted the #1 Online Broker in our 2011 Review, finishing 2nd in 2013 and 2012 after very close finishes. ETRADE Mobile Pro offers arguably the best mobile trading platform today and the broker offers great access to quality research, trade tools, education, and more.
Current Offer: Trade free for 60 days + get up to $600 with your new account!
4. Merrill Edge
- Finishing #4 Overall with 4 stars for 2015, Merrill Edge was also awarded #1 for Banking Services. They provide a well rounded option for clients and Bank of America accounts are directly link-able. Best in Class for Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, and Banking.
Current Offer: Invest in a new account and get up to $600.
- Rated as the 4.5 Stars for Customer Service 2014. Their online investor community, the Trader Network, is home to over 500,000 traders sharing ideas and research. For investors looking for discounted stock trades and fantastic customer service, TradeKing is a great match.
Current Offer: Get $200 cash with a new account.
- Offers its clients $7 flat fee trades and over 500 local branch offices. Scottrade is an easy to use broker that makes the client experience fantastic as clients have access to live representatitive assistance throughout the day. The broker also offers real-time streaming watch lists alongside a variety of other tools and research.
Current Offer: Get $100 in Transfer Fees Refunded.
- Known for their automatic investment plans, ShareBuilder is a good fit for casual investors and Capital One 360 clients. Their discounted automatic trade commission is only $4, less expensive than many of the larger brokerages. Awarded #1 for Online Banking Services in 2014.
Current Offer: Get up to a $600 bonus when you fund your new account.
- Acquired by Charles Schwab in 2011, OptionsXpress is known for its feature rich platform, Xtend, and large variety of quality tools for options traders. The broker also provides their clients with a wide spectrum of investments including equities, options, mutual funds, futures, ETFs, and bonds.
Current Offer: Receive 50 free trades with any new account.
- Offers $4.95 flat fee stock trades and options trades are $0.50 per contract + $4.95 base. OptionsHouse was the only broker in 2012 to receive 5 Star Ratings for both Ease of Use and Commissions & Fees in our StockBrokers.com Review.
Current Offer: Trade free for 60 days.
- Advanced trading platform for the active trader, having been awarded Best Platform Technology in both 2014 and 2013. In our 2014 Review, TradeStation finished Best in Class for Active Trading, Options Trading, and Platforms & Tools. Their proprietary EasyLanguage has created numerous apps in their TradingApp Store.
Current Offer: Trade commission free for 90 days.
When looking for any new online stock broker it is important to make sure to meet your most important needs as an investor. Are low cost trade commissions most important? What about customer service, the trade platform, mobile trading, active trading, or a community to trade alongside? With many brokers specializing in different areas comparing all the possibilities is key.
To read full broker reviews of the above brokers, you can do so by visiting their respective review pages here on StockBrokers.com: TD Ametirade Review, Etrade Review, TradeKing Review, OptionsHouse Review, MB Trading Review, Scottrade Review, OptionsXpress Review, tradeMONSTER review, Zecco Review, Interactive Brokers Review.
Broker Comparison Tool
Compare online brokers with the stock brokers comparison chart! Included are easy to read star ratings, pricing and fees information, and even a features overview section to see what every broker has to offer.
Need Help Deciding Which Broker?
If you need help deciding which broker to choose or have a broker specific question please feel free to email our team.