Best Online Brokers, StockBrokers.com 2011
Search > Compare > Trade
This review highlights the best stock brokers for the 2011 year via the StockBrokers.com 2011 Online Broker Review. The review took hundreds of hours of research to complete with categories like Commissions & Fees, Platforms & Research, and Customer Service in focus. A summary of the final rankings is below:
- Special Offer: Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $500 - Learn More
- Rated the #1 Online Broker 2011 by StockBrokers.com
Trade free for 90 days + get up to $600 - Learn More
- Gain access to over 100 commission free ETFs.
- Investment research from S&P, Morningstar Associates, and Minyanville.
- Offers $8.95 flat-rate trades regardless of trade size, account balance, or share price.
- Was rated highest in investor satisfaction with self-directed services by J.D. Power and Associates, 2009.
- Special Offer: Get $150 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Rated #1 Online Broker for Customer Service in the StockBrokers.com 2012 Review.
- Special Offer: Receive $100 when you fund a new optionsXpress account with $500 - Learn More.
- Acquired by Charles Schwab, giving clients an even more thorough broker offering.
Receive 150 Free Trades - Promo Code: SBCOM
- Trade Options up to 5 contracts for $5 ($1 each thereafter) or $8.50 + $.15 per contract.
- Rated 5 Stars for "Ease of Use" and "Commissions & Fees" in the 2012 Review.
- Trade on over 100 market centers in 19 countries - Learn More
- Equity trades are $.005 per share with a minimum of $1.00 and a maximum of .5% of trade value.
- Online trades only $7.95, all the time.
- 25 different iShares ETFs available for commission-free trading.
- Special Offer - Get $100 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Straight forward commissions for both stocks and options.
- Special Offer: Receive 250 free trades and up to $250 cash - Learn More
- Over 11,000 mutual funds to choose from.
- Special Offer: Trade free for 30 days - Learn More
- Rated "Best in Class: Options Trading" in the 2012 StockBrokers.com Broker Review.
- Rated Best in Class for active trading in the StockBrokers.com's 2012 Review of Online Brokers.
- One of few online brokers offering flat per contract options trades with no base fees.
- As of 2012, Zecco has merged with TradeKing to form TradeKing Group.
- Get $150 in transfer fees reimbursed when you open an account today (Learn More).
- Special Offer: Trade free for 90 days - Learn More
- Direct market access for equity, options, futures, and forex trading.
- Special Offer: Free trading platform trial - Learn More
- A leading provider of direct market access trading technology.
- Rated Four Stars for five straight years (2005 - 2009) in the Barron's Annual Broker Review**
- Flat fee trading with unlimited shares as well as no Penny Stock surcharges
- 100 Free Trades when you open a new Sogotrade Account.
- $100 Account Transfer refund when you move your account to Sogotrade.
- Commissions as low as $2.95 if trading 1500+ times per month.
- Options only $1 per contract with no base fee.
- $2.50 equity trades.
- Trade platform updated in January 2011.
- Special Offer: Receive $100 with any New Account - Learn More
- One Month Free Trial with all new accounts.
- Large selection of fixed income securities.
- Advanced order types supported.
- No additional charge for broker assisted trades.
- Six trade platforms supported.
- Commissions & Fees
- Customer Service
- Options Trading
- Best of Highlights
- Active Trading
- Final Rankings