Barrons Online Broker Review 2010
Search › Compare › Trade
View results and highlights from the Barron's 2010 review of online brokers. This annual broker survey includes many popular brokers and covers topics such as commissions, tools, technology, and more.
- Rated Best in Class for active trading in the StockBrokers.com's 2012 Review of Online Brokers.
- One of few online brokers offering flat per contract options trades with no base fees.
- Trade on over 100 market centers in 19 countries - Learn More
- Equity trades are $.005 per share with a minimum of $1.00 and a maximum of .5% of trade value.
- Special Offer: Trade free for 90 days - Learn More
- Direct market access for equity, options, futures, and forex trading.
- Special Offer: Receive $100 when you fund a new optionsXpress account with $500 - Learn More.
- Acquired by Charles Schwab, giving clients an even more thorough broker offering.
- Online trades only $7.95, all the time.
- 25 different iShares ETFs available for commission-free trading.
- Special Offer: Get $150 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Rated #1 Online Broker for Customer Service in the StockBrokers.com 2012 Review.
- Special Offer: Trade free for 30 days - Learn More
- Rated "Best in Class: Options Trading" in the 2012 StockBrokers.com Broker Review.
Receive 150 Free Trades - Promo Code: SBCOM
- Trade Options up to 5 contracts for $5 ($1 each thereafter) or $8.50 + $.15 per contract.
- Rated 5 Stars for "Ease of Use" and "Commissions & Fees" in the 2012 Review.
Trade free for 90 days + get up to $600 - Learn More
- Gain access to over 100 commission free ETFs.
- Investment research from S&P, Morningstar Associates, and Minyanville.
- Special Offer: Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $500 - Learn More
- Rated the #1 Online Broker 2011 by StockBrokers.com
- Rated Four Stars for five straight years (2005 - 2009) in the Barron's Annual Broker Review**
- Flat fee trading with unlimited shares as well as no Penny Stock surcharges
- Large selection of fixed income securities.
- Advanced order types supported.
- Special Offer: Free trading platform trial - Learn More
- A leading provider of direct market access trading technology.
- Offers $8.95 flat-rate trades regardless of trade size, account balance, or share price.
- Was rated highest in investor satisfaction with self-directed services by J.D. Power and Associates, 2009.
- Special Offer - Get $100 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Straight forward commissions for both stocks and options.
- As of 2012, Zecco has merged with TradeKing to form TradeKing Group.
- Get $150 in transfer fees reimbursed when you open an account today (Learn More).
- 100 Free Trades when you open a new Sogotrade Account.
- $100 Account Transfer refund when you move your account to Sogotrade.
- $2.50 equity trades.
- Trade platform updated in January 2011.
- Special Offer: Receive 250 free trades and up to $250 cash - Learn More
- Over 11,000 mutual funds to choose from.
- No additional charge for broker assisted trades.
- Six trade platforms supported.