SmartMoney 2011 Broker Review
Search › Compare › Trade
View results and highlights from the SmartMoney 2011 broker review. This annual broker survey included 10 popular online brokers and ranked them in multiple categories.
- Online trades only $7.95, all the time.
- 25 different iShares ETFs available for commission-free trading.
Trade free for 90 days + get up to $600 - Learn More
- Gain access to over 100 commission free ETFs.
- Investment research from S&P, Morningstar Associates, and Minyanville.
- Special Offer - Get $100 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Straight forward commissions for both stocks and options.
- Special Offer: Get $150 in transfer fees reimbursed - Learn More
- Rated #1 Online Broker for Customer Service in the StockBrokers.com 2012 Review.
- Offers $8.95 flat-rate trades regardless of trade size, account balance, or share price.
- Was rated highest in investor satisfaction with self-directed services by J.D. Power and Associates, 2009.
- Special Offer: Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $500 - Learn More
- Rated the #1 Online Broker 2011 by StockBrokers.com
- Access to Vanguard funds and ETFs.
- Discounted commissions available for portfolios over $50,000 in total assets.
- Receive up to 30 free trades per month with a $25,000 minimum balance.
- Link any Merrill Edge account to any Bank of America bank account.
- Special Offer: Receive $100 when you fund a new optionsXpress account with $500 - Learn More.
- Acquired by Charles Schwab, giving clients an even more thorough broker offering.
- Special Offer: Receive $100 with any New Account - Learn More
- One Month Free Trial with all new accounts.
SmartMoney covered the following categories in its 2011 broker review: Commissions & Fees, Customer Service, Trading Tools, Mutual Funds & Investment Products, and Banking Services. SmartMoney focuses on finding the best broker in each category followed by the worst performer in each category. It then awards each broker up to five stars and takes the averages to determine an overall winner.