NinjaTrader Review 2020
While our testing found the NinjaTrader trading platform to be decent, traders looking to trade stocks, options, and futures can find more robust tools and better overall pricing with other online brokerages such as TD Ameritrade and TradeStation.
Top Takeaways for 2020
After testing Ninja Trader, here are our findings:
- As an online brokerage, NinjaTrader is built primarily for active futures traders who require an advanced suite of trading tools. For a well-rounded futures trading experience that also places a focus on stocks and options, see our 2020 guide, Best Brokers for Futures Trading.
- The standard NinjaTrader platform is free. Advanced features such as automated trading, backtesting, custom indicators, and OCO orders will cost $60/month. For access to additional advanced features, such as volumetric bars, analyzing trade order with order flow, and a market depth map, Traders will have to purchase the lifetime license for $1099. Funded account minimums are $400 for a futures account.
- We do not recommend NinjaTrader for options, beginners, or day trading.
- NinjaTrader platform technology is robust. NinjaTrader offers customizable charts, indicators, and drawings, all of which are visually clean and easy to edit.
- Because NinjaTrader's clientele prefers advanced charting and analysis, there is not much offered in terms of research or news. For brokers that provide comprehensive research and both stock and futures trading, read our Best Brokers for Futures Trading guide.
|Commissions & Fees|
|Offering of Investments|
|Platforms & Tools|
|Ease of Use|
About the author: Blain Reinkensmeyer As Head of Research at StockBrokers.com, Blain Reinkensmeyer has 18 years of trading experience with over 1,000 trades placed during that time. Referenced as a leading expert on the US online brokerage industry, Blain has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, and the Chicago Tribune, among others.