Why Trust Us
StockBrokers.com was founded in 2011 with a simple mission: to provide thorough and unbiased reviews of online brokers (learn more about our team and how we test). While the field of brokerage rating and reviewing has become more crowded over time, our coverage continues to be the standard-bearer for impartial, comprehensive, reader-first content.
StockBrokers.com is an industry-leading resource for online brokers and self-directed investing, referenced in leading media outlets such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fast Company and CNBC. Since its inception, StockBrokers.com has helped over 19 million visitors compare stockbrokers and learn about stock trading.
Here’s what makes us a trustworthy resource.
We are experts
Our team consists of seasoned professionals who are highly regarded in their fields and dedicated to upholding the highest standards of journalism and research. Combined, the StockBrokers.com core team represents more than 100 years of industry experience. Our writers are also sought-after sources in the world of personal finance, and have themselves been quoted by major media outlets and consulted for their expertise.
Contact us if you are interested in interviewing one of our experts.
We are unbiased
Independence is paramount to our mission. There is no “pay to play” here. Financial service providers cannot pay us to alter a review, modify an opinion, or inflate a star rating, and our tools do not require private, personal information to be shared. Our editorial decisions are, and always have been, independent and impartial. Our editorial team operates strictly independently of our advertising team in order to maintain objectivity. Here's how we make money.
We are thorough
We pride ourselves on analyzing products using strict, proprietary testing methods and collecting insightful data to draw comparisons. Our reviews are the result of hundreds of hours of research and testing, and our data is validated by in-house analysts. Some examples of our meticulous processes:
For the StockBrokers.com 12th best online brokers review published in January 2022, a total of 3,075 data points were collected over four months and used to score brokers. This makes the site home to the largest independent database on the web covering the online broker industry.
Our rigorous validation process by our data team yields an error rate of less than .001% each year, providing site visitors with quality data they can trust.
We partner with customer experience research group Confero to conduct phone tests from locations across the United States assessing each broker’s customer responsiveness, a true differentiator in our reviews and ratings.
We are respected in the industry
In the highly competitive field of stockbroker reviewing, our annual review is respected as the most comprehensive by industry executives. Many brokerages voluntarily complete an in-depth data profile each year, which we audit for accuracy, and make their executives available for an annual face-to-face interview with our writing and research team. Our award badges, which go to our top picks in various categories, are proudly displayed by brokerages and shared on social media. See our Media page for further information.
We are a Certified B Corp
Certified B Corporations are for-profit companies legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders. B Corps must meet the high, independently verified standards of social and environmental performance and public transparency with a legal commitment to making a positive impact on the planet and its people.
Reink Media Group earned its B Corp certification in October 2022 after undergoing a rigorous in-depth review of the effect of the company’s operations and business model on its workers, community, customers, and the environment by B Lab, a nonprofit network that certifies B Corporations. Reink Media Group and all of our domains will go through the assessment and verification process every three years to maintain our B Corp certification.
Reink Media’s B Corp Impact report is publicly available on bcorporation.net where readers can compare B Corp scores against the performance of mainstream businesses.
About Reink Media Group
StockBrokers.com is but one constellation in the greater financial universe of Reink Media Group. Our other sites include investor.com, StockBrokers.com UK, ForexBrokers.com, BrokerNotes.co, and StockTrader.com.
Reink Media Group helps millions of consumers and individual investors each year. People from across the globe trust our research to help them find the best financial products and services. Whether we are helping you find a broker, a financial advisor, a new credit card or a new savings account — or you want to learn more about stock trading — Reink Media Group will always put people before profits to help you make the right choice for you.
We call ourselves RMG. Here’s a bit more about us:
- We’re dedicated to our readers. 38,711,471 users (and counting) have been helped across our domains.
- We believe green is good. Our company is fueled by 100% green energy.
- We have a mantra: People before profits.
- We have a mission: To make the world a safer place for investing while sustaining an ethical, environmentally conscious approach.
- We are a Certified B Corp: We (and all of our domains) meet the high, independently verified standards of social and environmental performance and public transparency.
Feedback from our readers
- ‘Very concise and well-researched.’ May 17, 2022
- 'Wonderful site. I am happy that I found it. Very detailed and professional.' April 30, 2022
- 'Very clear and detailed comparison in almost all areas of investment and services offered by these companies.' April 24, 2022
- 'So detailed, I love it, thx for the informative article!!' April 22, 2022
- 'Concise and clear, thank you very much. Perfect to get me started. Thank you very much, really.” April 21, 2022
- 'Brand new to the game so any help is welcome. This was easy to understand so 10 out of 10.' April 1, 2022
- 'I am not sure how you could be better, This truly is my first day, LOL, so I know nothing. I can tell you I found the exact info I was looking for in rapid time. Informative, simple, clear cut, thank you for the easy-to-understand format.’ March 25, 2022
- ‘Spectacular analysis.’ March 13, 2022