How We Make Money
StockBrokers.com was founded on the principle of providing 100% unbiased reviews and ratings of brokers.
Our editorial decisions are, and always have been, independent and impartial, and our broker evaluations are always unbiased.
We will never accept compensation to boost ratings (we don’t do “pay-to-play” here), and our evaluations are based on thousands of hours of in-depth research by our expert analysts. Any revisions of our content are based solely on our research and testing methodologies.
Our opinions simply can’t be bought – by anyone. So how do we make money?
We make money in two ways:
- We feature clearly labeled advertising on some of our pages.
- We partner with financial service providers in affiliate relationships.
Our partners compensate us for referrals completed from affiliate links – but they can’t pay us to alter a review, modify an opinion, or inflate a star rating. Our editorial team operates strictly independently of our advertising team in order to maintain objectivity.
Our editorial principles
If we love a service or brokerage, we’ll tell you.
If we think a broker or service has room to improve (or should be avoided altogether), we’ll say so and explain why.
If we’ve determined that using a broker or service provider puts your money at risk, we’ll say so – no matter what.
Here are a few things that we’ll never do to make money:
- We never change our opinion of a product or service, or modify our evaluation process, to gain or preserve an affiliate partnership.
- We never highlight (or deliberately conceal) a specific product or service to gain or maintain an affiliate relationship.
- We never alter our proprietary data-driven algorithms to favor an affiliate partner.
- We never share marketing revenue information or advertising campaign data with our researchers or our editorial team.
Your trust in us, as well as the trust we have earned from the industry as a whole, is of the utmost importance to our mission and our charter as a Certified B Corporation. To that end, we want to be open with our readers about who our partners are. See below for a list of our partners.
We partner with different financial service providers so we can deliver in-depth research, accurate data, and relevant offers without requiring a paywall for access. As a transparency-first organization, we want you to be aware of these partners.
Below you will find a list of all the partners with whom we currently work. If you use our links to visit the website of one of the following financial service providers, or open an account with any of the following providers, we may receive compensation.
Updated Jan. 24, 2023
- Charles Schwab
- Fidelity Investments
- Interactive Brokers
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing
- Merrill Edge
- SoFi Invest
- TD Ameritrade
- Tradier Brokerage
- AJ Bell
- Hargreaves Lansdown
- Interactive Brokers
- Interactive Investor
- Saxo Capital Markets